Welcome to Prof. Yang Yang's Laboratory.
We are working on solution processable thin film electronic devices.
The devices we study include photovoltaic cells, digital memory units, light emitting diodes and thin film transistors. We are using various kinds of materials, including conjugate polymers, carbon based nanomaterials, as well as solution processable inorganic semiconductors, to pursue the highest performance based on a thin film made at extremely low cost.
We are recruiting Post-Doctoral reseachers with background in chemistry and device physics.
Hard-working undergrads, master and PhD students are also welcomed to apply for our group!
- We are seeking hard working MS students to join our group.
- ALS Science Highlights: A Properly Tailored Tail Boosts Solar-Cell Efficiency 4/2021
- Prof. Yang Yang was invited to join the Advanced Materials Hall of Fame. 4/2021
- 杨阳课题组这篇Science，发现钙钛矿中分子的“双重人格”！ 2/2021
- 西湖大学前院长，被引11万次，H指数157！桃李满天下！ 2/2021
- UCLA Material Scientists Discover New Ways to Power Up Nanomaterials for Electronic Applications 2/2021
- 八次打破世界纪录，培养四十余位青年教授，UCLA杨阳:伯乐如何打造千里马 1/2021
- Perovskite Photovoltaics: The Road Ahead 11/2020
- As November 1st, 2020, Prof. Yang Yang has returned to UCLA full time （杨阳老师已于2020年11月1日全职回到UCLA）.
- Effective from July 1st, 2019, Prof. Yang Yang took a Leave of Absence to join the Westlake University in Hangzhou, China. He can still be reached via email.
- Prof. Yang named 2019 Sustainable Energy Award Winner by Royal Society of Chemistry 4/2019
- 科学家的脑洞！用咖啡改造太阳能电池后，能效提高了20% 4/2019
- Caffeine Peps Up Solar Energy: our latest research shows the human energizer also improves the efficiency and stability of perovskite solar cells 4/2019
- Congratulations to Professor Huanping Zhou to be named 35 Innovators Under 35 by MIT Technology Review! 7/2018
- Congratulations to our graduated PhD student Letian Dou to become an assistant professor in Purdue Univeristy! 7/2018
- Congratulations to Professor Yang and Dr. Gang Li to be named Highly Cited Researchers 2015 by Thomson Reuters 1/2016
- Congratulations to our paper in 2005 "High-efficiency solution processable polymer photovoltaic cells by self-organization of polymer blends" to be the second most cited research in the last decade 12/2015
- Our paper "Printable Ultrathin Metal Oxide Semiconductor-Based Conformal Biosensors" is highlighted on the cover of latest issue of ACS Nano. Congratulations! (12/2015)
- Welcome our new postdoc, Dr. Lijian Zuo from Zhejiang University! (10/2015)
- Welcome young students to join YYLab: Michael Zhou, Onur Sahin, Kaiyue Wang and Aneeket Palankar! (10/2015)
- Prof. Yang became Fellow of the American Physical Society (APS). Congratulations! (10/2015)
- Congratulations to Jingbi, his paper on long lifetime perovskite solar cells has published online in the Nature Nanotechnology. (10/2015)
- Congratulations to Letian (PhD 2014), his paper on 2D perovskite material has published in the Science Magazine. (09/2015)
- New members joining YYLab: Dr. En-Ping Yao (Postdoc) and Zhanlue Yang. Welcome! (09/2015)
- Congratulations to Peter, he passed his PhD Oral Qualifying Exam. (09/2015)
- Dr. Jeehwan Kim becomes assistant professor at Department of Mechanical Engineer, MIT. Jeehwan, remember to get some sleep.
- Roger passed his PhD Oral Qualifying Exam. Congratulations. (08/2015)
- Super good news, Huanping received the Young Thousand Talent award from China, and becomes an Assistant Professor (Materials Science) of Peking University. (07/2015)
- Super good news, Jingbi received the Young Thousand Talent award from China, and becomes Professor of the Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). (07/2015)